The following are some of the steps to consider:
Need to defined individual team member role and responsibility
- Requirement should be clear
- budget and schedule should be clearly defined.
- Defined resource and their responsibilities, reporting hierarchy, required standards and processes
- Need to do first risk analysis, set priorities work, and determine scope and limitations of tests with time frame.
- Determine testing approaches which is using in testing- unit, integration, smoke ,beta testing functional, system, load, usability tests, etc.
- Setup pre required test environment.
- Need Set schedule estimates, time-frame
- Determine input and possible out come through test cases like equivalence classes, boundary value
- Prepare test plan document according to release wise
- Write test cases according to provided document
- Perform tests defined test according to test plan.
- Evaluate and report results and outcome.
- Need to analysis problems/bugs and fixes.
- Maintain and update release document, test plans, test cases, user manual through life cycle